External Quality Assurance
External quality assurance is an integral part of our quality assurance arrangements. Our External Quality Assurers (EQA's) are the key mechanism in the establishment and monitoring of recognised centre status, facilitating compliance with statutory regulation, our quality standards and the expectations of our qualification partners.
EQA's are required to visit centres and/or conduct desk-based reviews to monitor and report recognised centre compliance with our requirements and qualification specification criteria (developed in accordance with our quality standards and appropriate legislation).
To be an EQA, you need to:
- be willing to conduct verification activities in accordance with the BHSQ External Quality Assurance arrangements
- be committed to upholding the integrity of the qualifications awarded by BHSQ
- have an appropriate knowledge and understanding of national issues and initiatives affecting vocational education, training and qualifications in the sector
- be committed to maintaining credibility within the sector through participation in initiatives for continuous professional development
- be IT competent with the ability to use web-based systems and other IT applications including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Reader, email and the internet.
In addition to the above confirmed BHSQ generic criteria for EQA's, applicants must also meet the qualification specific requirements. If you would like to become an EQA and you believe you meet our criteria outlines, please contact us by email or post to find out more about the screening process.